Friday, November 6, 2009

The Absolute Best wedding video I have seen....

Besides my own wedding, of course. :) Seriously, I have seen a few wedding videos in my day and usually they are boring and you want to tell people...."um I was at your wedding I do not need to relive this crap over again...." Or even more annoying," You didn't invite me to your wedding and now I have to watch this sub par wedding video....thanks alot." That is untill I saw a wedding video that was done this past summer.

I was unable to attend because even though it was in the Philadelphia area and I live in Lansdale. I have two children who have no real reliable babysitter so We excused ourselves from the wedding guest list, but still got them a toaster.

This wedding was of a couple that I would say was "artsy". I wondered what type of wedding they actually had so I was interested as they put their wedding video dvd into their blu ray player. I wonder if "wedding video" will always be the term I use? I guess my kids will say wedding dvd.

As this wedding dvd started with a "how we met" intro I was shocked. The quality of this video was not just good, but almost too good. Camera angles looked more like an actual production than a wedding video. I was really into it because this didn't look like a wedding video. The way it was shot it reminded me of the opening of the old tv show "the wonder years" with the nostagic film feel. It gave their wedding footage a really nice warm feeling. I have never seen such a great wedding video. They even had the footage on their iphones. That was really neat to see a wedding video on the ipod. I found out that the company they hired to do this was tanner lane wedding videos. Their site is Tanner Lane Weddings they are based in the Philly area but I'm sure they travel.

When Amy and I left we were talking about how our wedding video was soo antique compared to what we saw. For the price I was shocked at what they got and really jealous actually. The funny (not?) thing was that this was his 2nd wedding and his first was a month before our own wedding. I asked Amy if she wanted to get married again... she said having a wedding video on the ipod seemed like a good idea. Maybe we'll get them to film some party or something. Seriously, it's the coolest stuff I have seen.

Does anyone professionally film Kids parties? Is that really lame?

No comments: