Thursday, August 9, 2007

good things come.....

I went out for a walk with Milo this morning. It was very nice outside. We walked through town and visited a few places to window shop. We walked through the post office to get cooled off and there amazingly was no line, so everyone walking past the counter from the back asked "can i help you?". I really had no response. You really can't say "No thanks, i'm just browsing." So i got a voter registration card and pretended to read it.
We went to the thrift store and were there before it opened. There was a nice stroller outside for $5 but it seemed to be a little broken. Milo liked it. This lady with her granddaughter came up to us and started talking about how awesome her stroller was. I really didn't need this conversation at all. This is a great reality for the stay at home dad.... that feeling of "How did i get here?". I am standing in line waiting to get into the Thrift Store? What? Why are you talking to me about features of your stroller? I understand your stroller is better than the $5 one on the sidewalk. I know your stroller is an Eddie Bauer.. I KNOW YOUR STROLLER COSTS $3oo. I really don't care. I struggled to talk to her granddaughter who was about 9 -10 months old, but this lady kept going on. She didn't take the obvious clue of Let's talk about your baby there because you are boring me. Thankfully the thrift store opened and i was let inside. That was nice. On the way home we took the longer way and we found $20. I don't know if that's kharma or whatever. I'm not sure the $20 was worth that annoying lady but it does take the sting away.

No comments: