Sunday, August 5, 2007

Time management

One of the biggest problems I have found in my first 5 months of being a stay at home dad is my time management skills are shot. The ability to stick to any type of schedule is made worse by the lack of sleep. Milo does sleep through the night now he gets up around 6 and Amy feeds him i usually stumble to the coffee maker and get that going, i am no good without 2 cups. Then all hell can break loose. I have figured out that milo enjoys doing something, anything during the morning that gets him out of the house. Even if he is sleeping after eating i must get him out or else he will be fussy when he wakes up and into the rest of the day. We go for walks if it's nice weather or to the mall or home depot, which he loves because of the displays of ceiling fans. Yesterday after i got home from work i gave Amy a break by taking milo out and walking through the mall for abut 2 1/2 hours. There was a Madden tournament and it was great to see these 9 year olds kids beat the 20 year olds. This gave amy time to take a nap and get a little caught up on her sleep. I know i want to get a little more sleep, but there always seems like something i have to do. There is a song called "Always Ready" and sometimes i sing it to myself and i sing "always working", i don't think i am doing that consciously. That is a bit out there. I will have to make some time for just me, or else i will go insane. I might be at that point now. I will keep this posted.

No comments: